Sunday, May 27, 2007

MIS - Getting Wired

When first asked to create a blog – I panicked. By no means do I pretend to be technically inclined by any means, in fact, I have always been very open to being technically challenged. Coming up with a blog in less than a week with all kinds of specifications was pretty scary and guess what – it wasn’t that bad. In fact, I really enjoyed learning and applying my knowledge.

In addition to actually setting the blog up and surviving that, I really liked having to post information related to what we were learning. Doing research on the web and learning about all of the applications available was fun. I’ve had to get a small notebook just to start saving all of my login id’s and passwords for numerous sites and I plan to get access to a few more sites, once I’m done for the summer.

The MIS textbook and the applied learning activities did a really good job of demonstrating just how important technology is to our lives and the benefits it has. It really helped me to understand just how effective technology and automation is to business and the cost benefits it has.

In a nutshell, MIS wasn’t as scary as I thought it was going to be and I feel that I've graduated from techically challenged to a rookie – I’m getting wired.

2 comments:

Louis-Philippe Gauthier said...

Jennifer,

Good job on your blog, good choice of articles topics!

- Louis-Philippe Gauthier
http://www.philippegauthier.info

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.